Friday, October 6, 2017

Radiant

“He has given Himself so that He can present the church as His radiant bride, unstained, unwrinkled, and unblemished (completely free from all impurity)holy and innocent before Him.” (Ephesians 5:27, VOICE)

I am among the small percentage of men that enjoys attending weddings. They always remind me of the promise and possibility of a couple’s love together as it’s just beginning.  Upon a quick reading of the lyrics to "Beloved" by Tenth Avenue North I assumed this would be perfect to be played (or performed) at the average wedding.

Upon closer inspection, I realized this wedding was unlike any wedding I’d ever attended. In the words, the fifty-four year-old man I had become part of the blameless bride of Christ (the church). My groom (Jesus) was speaking of His undying love for me.  Though I know I am loved by the Son of God, to see it so boldly proclaimed was almost too much emotionally (for me).

Love of My life
Look deep in My eyes
There you will find what you need


And give Me your life
The lust and the lies
And the past you're afraid I might see
You've been running away from Me

You're my beloved lover
I'm yours
And Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
My love it unites us

And it binds you to Me
It's a mystery

I'm the giver of life
I'll clothe you in white
My immaculate bride you will be
Come running home to Me


You've been a mistress, My wife
Chasing lovers that won't satisfy
Won't you let Me make you My bride
You will drink of my lips

And you'll taste new life

God is love, and everything He does is out of love. Here are three simple ways today that He makes His love evident on a daily basis:

1.   Your Heavenly Father brings people to you (whether for the long term or short term) to teach you in the process: Everyone comes into your life for a reason: His reasons. Everyone that has been around for the long term was brought to you because God sent them. This also includes those who are only around for a short amount of time.

This can mean five minutes, two days, a month, or just a year. God put them there for a reason. Strangers are put in your life for any period of time for a reason. This is His way of showing His love for us because He wants us to love each other, and learn lessons in the process.

“Do you believe that there are no accidents in life? Everything happens for a reason. Every person we meet will have a role in our lives (be it big or small). Some will hurt, betray and make us cry, to become stronger. Some will teach us lessons... not to change us, but for us to realize our mistakes and to help us grow and make us a better person. And some would simply inspire and love us, to make us happy......whole and complete....again.” (Serendipity)

2.   Your Heavenly Father challenges you: Life isn't easy. God challenges us every day to prepare us for the future, and bring us closer to Him. You may be struggling at the moment, but it is all in an effort to strengthen you in your relationship with Him.

You have the ability to persist through whatever challenges life presents you. He is standing by your side through it all. You are never alone in the fight.

“Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” (Joshua J. Marine)

3.   Your Heavenly Father woke you up this morning: Your Heavenly Father woke you up this morning. He woke you up because He has plans for you today. He wants you to go out and spread His goodness to others.

“Perhaps you went to bed last night thinking about the overdue bills, the lack of finances, the problematic people and situations you have to face. This morning you woke up. Did you give thanks? If you didn't, it is probably because you forgot that when praise goes up, the blessings come down. That should be enough to inspire you to be thankful.” (Iyanla Vanzant)

“The bride of the Messiah serves her husband all the time. She’s faithful. I’m not saying she’s perfect, but she’s faithful. She’s dedicated. She’s surrendered. She doesn’t waiver. She doesn’t flip flop. She doesn’t stop trying.” (Jim Staley) [i]




[i] Adapted from: “3 Simple Ways God Shows His Love for You Everyday” by Patricia Catherine Duffy
 
Dedicated to my adult daughter, Allena Kinker. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...